A former mining complex in Mantoudi, in North Evia, has turned into amagnificent alpine landscape as 12 natural lakes have been created from the mining craters. Most of the lakes have a depth of about 80 meters.
The underground waters that came to the surface created a hospitable ecosystem. Wild reeds, oleanders, pines and plane trees make up thelandscape. There are many amphibian reptiles, birds, turtles, and fish that were thrown to the lakes by locals.
The lakes have developed in two areas: the ones we are visiting are in Paraskevorema, between Prokopi and Mantoudi.
The Alpines Lakes of Mantoudi offers great hikes especially during fall and spring.
Evia Private Tours will transfer you at the trailhead near Skalistiri abandoned factory, at the foothills of Dirfys and will drop you at any trail you are planning to explore.
Type: Recreation/ Explore Tour
Suitability: Singles, Couples, Groups
Location: North Evia
Duration: Day Trip
Sights & Activities: Hiking around lakes and abandoned factory
Extra optional day: Visit Limnionas, one of the most iconic beaches in Evia (Extra 50 km/ 31 miles)
Cost: From 100 EUR per person
Availability: Upon Request
Please read carefully our Terms & Conditions before booking.
#Evia #Adventure #Explore #PrivateTour #Dirfys
What is included
- Professional English speaking tour leader
- Snacks & water
- Private transfer in a 9 seat mini van (A/C, WiFi, leather seats)
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Petrol, toll fees, parking fees & taxes
- Experienced certified mountain guide can be arranged with an extra charge (150 EUR)
What is NOT included
- All meals and drinks (visiting local restaurants and food arrangements can be organised though without extra charges)
- Travel Insurance
- Flight tickets to/ from Athens (We strongly advise you to check www.swoodoo.com the best flight tickets search engine, for the best airfare deals.)
- Whatever has not been mentioned clearly