Dirfys Mountain Hiking.
Mountain Dirfys, along with mountain Xerovouni, are the highest parts of the mountain range of Central Evia. The main peak of Dirfys is called Delphi and has an altitude of 1,743 meters. Dirfys Mountain Hiking is wild, rough and steep, yet rewarding and fascinating.
Its conical, protruding, volcano-resembling summit is visible from at least a hundred kilometers range around the island. The stunningly-picturesque, alpine landscapes that characterize the mountain, make the area more reminiscent of Switzerland rather than a typical Greek island (which Evia is far to be characterized as such!).
In ancient times, Delphi was supposed to be the temple of Dirfia Hera, in memory of her marriage to Zeus, which had taken place there.
Dirfys Mountain Hiking features a great variety of trails to please a hiking lover. These range from leisurely routes through deep, alluring, ancient woods to strenuous treks and climbs over desolate, wind-lashed plateaus and vertical cliffs.
Evia Private Tours will transfer you in Steni Dirfyos, at the foothills of Dirfys and will drop you at any trail you are planning to explore.
Type: Adventure/ Explore Tour
Suitability: Singles, Couples, Families, Groups
Duration: Day trip
Length: app 210 km (130 miles) roundtrip (starting from your hotel in Athens)
Sights: Mountain of Dirfys, the highest top in Evia island
Cost: From 100 EUR per person
Availability: Upon Request
Please read carefully our Terms & Conditions before booking.
#Evia #Adventure #Explore #PrivateTour #Dirfys
What is included
- Professional English speaking tour leader
- Snacks & water
- Private transfer in a 9 seat mini van (A/C, WiFi, leather seats)
- Hotel pick up & drop off
- Petrol, toll fees, parking fees & taxes
- Experienced certified mountain guide can be arranged with an extra charge (150 EUR)
What is NOT included
- All meals and drinks (visiting local restaurants and food arrangements can be organised though without extra charges)
- Travel Insurance
- Flight tickets to/ from Athens (We strongly advise you to check www.swoodoo.com the best flight tickets search engine, for the best airfare deals.)
- Whatever has not been mentioned clearly