Mount Olympus Guided Hiking.
Mount Olympus is the highest mountain in Greece at 2.918 mt above sea level and the most symbolic, as it is very tightly connected with the Greek Mythology and the 12 Gods.
Located in northern Greece and easily accessible from Thessaloniki airport, this mountain is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a Biosphere Reserve.
Mt. Olympus is the most famous mountain in Greece, the mythical home of the ancient Greek Gods. From its steep rocky summit, first climbed only 100 years ago, Zeus supposedly hurled his thunderbolts against humankind.
It is the country’s first national park (declared in the 1930’s), with dozens of endemic species of flowers, as well as some endangered bird and butterfly species. There are no roads within it apart from the trailhead access road.
It is a place of divine beauty. Its proximity to the coastline overlooking the Aegean Sea offers breathtaking views and a characteristic silvery mist that creates a unique atmosphere. A monumental natural landscape with thickly forested slopes and steep rocky and cloud-covered peaks, hosting more than 1,500 plant species, some of them rare and endemic, as well as wolves, jackals, deer, and some endangered bird and butterfly species.
The mountain is uninhabited, however, there are 4 organized mountain huts offering shelter and food to its visitors, that stream from all over the world to admire its uniqueness.
It has an extensive network of trails, its total length exceeding 160km/99mi.
Type: Adventure/ Explore Tour
Suitability: Singles, Couples, Groups
Duration: 4 days/ 3 nights
Length: app 800 km (500 miles) roundtrip (starting from your hotel in Athens) or 200 km (125 miles) roundtrip (starting from your hotel in Thessaloniki)
Sights: Conquest of the Home of Greek Gods
Extra optional day: Visit in Meteora Monasteries (another 400km/ 250 miles) for one night for 100 EUR per person
Cost: From 400 EUR per person for departures from Athens (min 6 people), 250 EUR per person for departures from Thessaloniki (min 6 people)
Availability: Upon Request
Please read carefully our Terms & Conditions before booking.
#MtOlympus #Adventure #PrivateTour #MountainOfGods #Hiking #Trekking
What is included
- Transfer to/ from your hotel in Athens, Thessaloniki or elsewhere (including fuel, tolls, parking fees, etc.)
- Accommodation in Litochoro (the trailhead)
- Overnight stay at the shelters inside the Mt Olympus National Park
- Experienced certified mountain guide
- Snacks and local delicacies
What is NOT included
- All meals and drinks (visiting local restaurants and food arrangements can be organised though without extra charges)
- Travel Insurance
- Flight tickets to/ from Athens/ Thessaloniki (We strongly advise you to check www.swoodoo.com the best flight tickets search engine, for the best airfare deals.)
- Whatever has not been mentioned clearly